December 13-15, Cycropia will host a series of workshops with guest aerialist Aaron Koz.
Friday December 13
See Your C-Shape (multi-apparatus: Straps/rope/sling)
Want to improve your waist roll ups/downs OR your back balance OR your static switches on straps?
Students will move through a series of mobility exercises, proprioceptive and active flexibility drills that isolate and strengthen potential weak points in your waist roll technique depending on where their weaknesses lie. Students will start on the floor and then move on to a variety of apparatuses.
Prerequisite: Ability to invert on your own.
Saturday December 14
11:00 AM-12:30 PM
Press Handstand (Quest for the Press)
Want a handstand press (straddle, pike, side, or split)?
This workshop will cover the theory and practice needed to progress over time and gain a press handstand. Participants will be given tools needed to approach their challenge to press handstands on their own, whether the limitation is compression, flexibility, or strength. No handstand needed as balancing and pressing are two separate skill sets.
No matter your skill level participants will be given the tools and programming to overcome barriers to their unlocking their press handstand.
Prerequisite: Full body weight bearing on hands, no wrist/elbow/shoulder/spinal injuries. Endurance of 1 minute in plank or handstand.
(Aerial) Flips n Sh*t
This workshop will cover a variety of fun, dynamic, and adrenaline producing skills on a variety of apparatus (straps, rope, trapeze….) partially dependent on participant interest.
A grab bag of party tricks with scaled and spotted progressions for catch and release movements, beats, and more. Get ready to eat mat, make gains, and be safely afraid.
Prerequisite: Students must be able to invert in the air and perform a controlled negative pull-up – straight arm inversion highly recommended.
9:00 – 10:30 AM
Beats, Spinning, and Flares on Straps
This workshop will cover a series of fundamental swinging and spinning pathways that can be used on nearly any apparatus to help with 2 and 1-arm inversions to various positions as well as building aesthetic flow while spinning with flares.
Prerequisite: Comfort in long-arm hang.
Aaron Koz is a traveling movement and circus coach and author of The Aerial Spinning Reference Guide. He completed his undergrad in neuroscience, and now offers the first introductory aerial straps teacher training.
Moving from Washington, D.C. to NYC, he started at Circus Warehouse’s intensive program, and since has studied under elite coaches in SF, Montreal, and Mexico. He draws from his background in neuroscience to augment his work as a coach and personal trainer and collaborates heavily with physical therapists to help augment and structure his teaching offerings. He has performed and taught internationally in places like Ireland (Irish Aerial Dance Festival), Australia, New Zealand and Saudi Arabia. Aaron worked as Physical Therapy Technician for ACRO Physical Therapy with Angie Prescott, DPT, CSCS (consultant for The Aerial Spinning Reference Guide), and teaches workshops, retreats, and teaching residencies.
Aaron has also completed Alex Allan’s Dynamic Rope Teacher Training and a Rocket Yoga TT.
5048 Tradewinds Parkway, Madison, WI 53718 (select for map)
Enrollment Costs *
Enrollment costs are divided into two affiliation categories:
- Active Cycropia Flyers (currently enrolled students): $60 per class.
- General Public and non-enrolled Cycropia Flyers: $70 per class
* Please note our cancellation policy: No refunds will be given after November 13.
To register, please read these instructions:
- Selecting the ‘Press To Register‘ button below will open the registration form in a new window.
- Select a course that you wish to enroll in, by selecting the green “BOOK” button.
- Select your Cycropia affiliation (‘Active Flyer’ or ‘General Public’) by setting the associated pull-down menu to “1”.
- Active Flyers: Cycropia members who are currently enrolled in Cycropia classes.
- General Public: General public and non-enrolled Cycropia members.
- Collective: For internal use only.
- Select the green “BOOK” button to continue.
- Log into or create your free Bookeo account.
- Cycropia uses the industry-standard Bookeo registration service: All registrants are required to create a free Bookeo account.
- If you do not already have a Bookeo account, please fill out the required information and press ‘Next’.
- To add additional bookings, select the ‘Add another selection‘ button and repeat step 2.
- Please note that Cycropia’s enrollment system is set up to only permit single-user enrollments: If you have a friend or family member who wishes to enroll as well, they will need to do so via their own account.
- Once all bookings have been selected, select the ‘Checkout‘ button.
- Enrollments are not confirmed until the checkout process has been completed.
- Complete the checkout process via the payment solution of your choice.
- Once you select the “Pay now and confirm your booking” button, you will leave this page and be redirected to the payment service.
- Upon successful completion of your enrollment/s, you will receive an email verification.
- If you do not receive a notification within a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam/junk filter.
- In the case of a filled class or workshop, you will be given the option to be added to a wait-list.
- Bookeo will send registered customers a notification when open seats become available – notifications are based upon the order by which one registered.
- Please note that notified customers will be allowed 60 minutes to complete booking before the available seat is offered to the next available customer.
Please note that all enrollments will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis: Cycropia Aerial Dance reserves the right to cancel any enrollments.
For questions and additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.